To provide confidential crisis telephone counselling, support, information and referral services that respond to the needs of rural individuals, youth and families living on the farm or in a rural Saskatchewan community.
Toll Free: 1-800-667-4442
24 hours per day. Seven days per week. Free and Confidential. There is no call display.
The Farm Stress Line can help by
- Clarifying the problem or concern and work with you toward a solution
- Connecting you with the appropriate organization, professional or program that best suits your needs
- Listening and supporting in a safe, neutral and non-judgmental environment
Some of the program areas that our Crisis Counsellors can help you with
- Mental Health – Stress, depression, suicidal thoughts
- Domestic Violence
- Teen Parent Conflict
- Seniors Abuse and Neglect
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Youth Issues – School, Relationship with Peers and Parents
Resources & Documents
- Why Get Help?We understand that a crisis is a very individual reaction to an event or experience. One person may be extremely affected by an event, while someone else experiencing the same event may experience little or no negative effects.
- Benefits of Crisis InterventionEffective crisis intervention prevents situations from escalating to the point where there are limited options and unnecessary hospital admissions. The point of a crisis is the time (and for many, the only time) that people will accept help to resolve their problems.
- Rooted In Strength“Rooted in Strength” “Taking care of our families and ourselves” is a valuable resource publication by Farm Credit Canada on Farm Stress and Mental Health.
Get help today
Calls to the Farm Stress Line are answered by Mobile Crisis Services, a non-profit, community based agency providing crisis intervention services in Saskatchewan since 1974. Whether it is information, conflict or crisis, the first step is communication.