Join Our Team.
Gain valuable experience working for a non-profit community-based organization with Mobile Crisis Services and contribute meaningfully to your community.
Mobile Crisis Service provides 24-hour crisis intervention services in a wide range of service areas including child protection, emergency financial services, domestic violence, problem gambling, mental health etc.
Permanent Casual Crisis Worker
$28.58 to start
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced work environment? Are you willing to work night shifts within a strong team of crisis workers? Mobile Crisis is seeking a highly motivated and task-oriented individual to fill a casual position. This is a shift work position.Mobile Crisis Service provides 24-hour crisis intervention services in a wide range of service areas, including child protection, emergency financial services, domestic violence, problem gambling, mental health etc.
Crisis Workers provide direct services on the telephone and in person to situations including child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, suicide and mental health/addiction emergency, financial issues, gambling and other crisis situations.
The team provides crisis intervention, support, assessment and assistance in developing follow-up plans to clients in the community who are in crisis. Follow-up may include brief monitoring/support, referral to appropriate community organizations/support networks or collaboration with existing supportive organizations. The team works in collaboration with many other agencies including Police, Social Services, Mental Health Services, and many other Agencies.
- The applicants must possess a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Indigenous Social Work, or Human Justice Degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Very organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and personal wellness.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to be considered. (days, nights and weekend shifts).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Submit a criminal record check/vulnerable sector check.
Skills & Abilities
- Reading text
- Document use
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Decision making
- Critical thinking
- Finding information
- Computer use
- Continuous learning
- Use computer applications
- Perform administrative tasks
Area of Social Work Specialization
- Child welfare
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not Required.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- Investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems
- Social assistance recipient
- Physically disabled
- Mentally impaired
- Personal or social adjustment difficulty
- Minority group
- Developmentally delayed
"*" indicates required fields